- Feature Links
- Covid-19 Service Changes
Covid-19 Service Changes
Beginning Monday, April 20, 2020 Knoxville Area Transit will be reducing weekday service on some routes as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. In order to maintain the transit service needed to get essential workers to their jobs and for people to make life-necessary trips for supplies, KAT will be making the changes listed below to KAT routes. Detailed schedules are attached. Please note that additional buses will be dispatched as needed and available to allow for proper social distancing on board.
The routes are listed below, and this change will be in effect until further notice.
Weekday service reductions: (click route to view schedule)
- Route 11 – Kingston Pike – service every 30 minutes
- Route 17 – Sutherland – service once an hour
- Route 20 – Central – service once an hour
- Route 22 – Broadway – service every 30 minutes
- Route 31 – Magnolia – service every 30 minutes
- Route 32 – Dandridge – service once an hour
- Route 34 – Burlington – service once an hour
- Route 40 – South Knoxville – service once an hour
- Route 44 – University Park/303 Flats – every 30 minutes THROUGH MAY 4 only.
- Route 45 – Vestal – service once an hour
- Orange Line Trolley – ends at 8:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings
- Blue Line Trolley – ends at 8:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings
- Red and Green Line Trolleys will NOT operate
All other weekday routes will maintain their current schedules.
In an effort to maintain proper social distancing, KAT routes will still operate fare-free and passengers are encouraged to enter through the back doors. Seating on buses is limited to 10 passengers or less, and additional buses will be dispatched as available when buses reach maximum capacity.
Please limit transit travel to ESSENTIAL trips only!