Severe Snow Routes
If weather conditions become extreme, KAT may begin running on Severe Snow Routes. When this happens, service will ONLY be provided on the major corridors of Knoxville. This includes: Kingston Pike (to Walker Springs), Chapman Highway (to Walmart), Magnolia Avenue (to Burns), Broadway (to Essary), and Western Avenue (to I‐640 Plaza).
During Severe Snow Routes, all passengers ride free, but please note: KAT can return to Regular Snow Routes before a passengers return trip and the passenger will be required to pay regular fare for that portion of the trip.
- Route 11: Kingston Pike: Bypasses mall. From Kingston Pike-takes right on Gallaher View, left onto Walbrook, left onto Walker Springs, to Kingston Pike for return trip.
- Route 12: Western Avenue: Stays on Western Avenue. From Hall of Fame, turns onto Summit Hill, continues onto Western Avenue, turns left onto Ed Shouse, right onto Copper Kettle, then right onto Western Avenue for return trip.
- Route 22: Broadway: Goes as far as the Fountain City Superstop on Knox Road, then returns to downtown (does not operate on Essary Drive, Jacksboro Pike and Garden Drive).
- Route 31: Magnolia: Only goes as far as Burns, turns right onto Holston, right onto Kirkwood, then Left onto Magnolia for return trip.
- Route 41: Chapman Highway: Regular route.